Saturday 20 July 2013

Summer days...

It's still hot and sunny here.
We made time for a quick visit to the Botanic Gardens this morning because there was a patchwork exhibition on which I didn't want to miss. Of course while we were there we had to fit in a short walk around the gardens - along the borders where they plant annuals, down the herbaceous border, around the ponds and back. Plenty of waterlilies in the ponds - photos to follow. I'm not sure that we've ever seen them looking so beautiful before.

This was in a wildflower border:


And the mating dragonflies were down among the waterlilies.



1 comment:

Sabriel said...

lovely poppies and cornflowers. I didn't plant any wild seeds this year as it was so cold, and I miss them in the garden. I went to a patchwork exhibition there a few years ago, it was wonderful - wish they would advertise a bit better!