Friday 18 September 2015

Le Teich Ornithological Reserve (3)

United (Bird) Nations

Did you spot the bird of prey in the background of the previous picture? I think it's a buzzard


Crested Grebe

LBJ in hiding...
The next three photos are all the stilts. They are so elegant, I wish we had them here! The first time we saw them was at Lake Korission in Corfu. In the second photo, taken from behind, you can see how the legs really widen out below the knee. They start tapering in again a little towards the foot. They are related to the avocet, which we don't have here either.




??

Grazing shelduck

With the golden eye-ring, I'm sure this was a little ringed plover

And more unidentified birds - perhaps one might have been a wagtail of some sort...




1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Oh, Wow! What a bird menagerie! I did see that bird of prey in the background. Safety in numbers I guess. I bet you took a ton of pictures there.