Wednesday 10 August 2016

Great Snails!!

Thank you, Lorraine, for the "rout of snails" group noun, which I didn't know. I think many of us wish there would be a rout of them from the gardens.

Simply three here today - the Silly Snails from Art Neko.

One was a mixed media card I made as a sample for the Splitcoast challenges, so it's not really a design team card, but I thought my garden needed something more than flowers in it.



The second one is more by way of being a design team card since the only other stamp I used is also from Art Neko - Whimsical and Kind Sayings.
When I was making this one, I was trying to decide whether to have the wall-climbing snail able to see the end in sight, and show some sky above the brick wall. In the end, I decided it was more graphic to show nothing but wall to climb and no idea of how much climbing was left to reach the top.


The Kind and Whimsical Sayings set is mostly sentiments, but comes with the bonus of a little ladybird and a bee. I used the bee for another Dare To Get Dirty card.

The background was an embossing resist with Brusho powders; I can't imagine using the black very often but it looked good here. It was very difficult for me to make a sentiment with no punctuation, but I have a very basic Dymo label-maker which doesn't run to either an apostrophe or an interrogation point, so I had to ignore my grammatical inner voice.  The mason jar die is from Sizzix, it came with a matching embossing folder and is great fun to use. (Thanks, Di!).


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Your mixed media card is awesome. I think your design choice to not show the top of the wall is spot on. It really drives home the point of the sentiment. The bees in the jar is very clever. I love the background you created.

Clare said...

LOVE the bees in the jar!